Thursday 1 July 2010

Welcome to Species Bank


This is an idea that I've had brewing for a long time. Not sure if the blog format is the best for it, but I don't own a domain that would let me thrash it out the way I want it. This will do for now.

For many months I have wanted to create a bank of pictures I have taken myself of different species I have come across in the British Isles. I aim to have one picture per species (with the exception of creatures that have larval stages or sufficient variation between sexes or distribution). Also, if I know anything about it, I would perhaps like to make a few notes on behaviour and habitat, but only observations I've made myself (I'd like to add at this moment that it's possible, nay probable that my girlfriend will have taken some of the photos and noted some of the behaviour).

At first I aim to include all of the animals I've seen, and then perhaps add some plants also, my knowledge is not so good there, though.

So I'll sign this one off by getting the boring entry out of the way: the human; homo sapiens. You don't need a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment